About the Journal
International Journal of Contemporary Microbiology is a double blind peer reviewed international journal which has commenced its publication from January 2015. The journal is half yearly in frequency. The journal covers all aspects of pathology practice and research. The journal has been assigned ISSN 2394-9473 (Print Version) and ISSN - 2395-1796 (Online Version). The journal is indexed in many international data bases like Google scholar, EBSCO, Pro Quest etc.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Aim and scope of Journal
- The journal intend to publish articles related to research in Microbiology
- Case reports, original articles and review articles are welcome.
- The research regarding new concepts is encouraged.
- We encourage research from developing countries.
- The journal is open access.
- Manuscript Submission fee - There is no fee for manuscript submission. Manuscript can be submitted any time. Submission is always open
- Manuscript Processing Charges- We charge for manuscript processing from authors. Authors must pay charges only if the article is accepted for publication. The charges are per article. If some author does not want to pay, he can withdraw his article.
The charges are as follows
1. India and SAARC countries- Indian Rupees 3000/
2. Rest of world - US $ 100
- Rebate / waiver policy -
Editor can give rebate/ wave off charges depending on author’s status like student, no funding from any source, research from developing countries or research of exceptional status. Please write to Editor giving justification for rebate. Editor‘s decision is final and binding.
- Digital archiving Policy- the issues of the journal are archived into PKP PN (Public Knowledge Project), LOCKSS and CLOCKSS
- Review Policy for articles- The journal follows double blind peer review policy for all articles. Once the article is received, it is forwarded to our two reviewers after removing names of authors and their affiliations. Authors are also not informed names of reviewers. Reviewers send their comments in due course of time and these comments/ queries are forwarded to authors to make corrections or offer explanations. Once the reviewers are satisfied with corrections in manuscripts or explanations given by authors, authors are conveyed the decision of acceptance of article. If author/s refuses to make corrections as suggested by reviewers, manuscript is rejected for publication.
- Plagiarism checking policy- The journal has zero tolerance policy for plagiarism. We regularly use software Dupli checker for detection of plagiarism.
- Licensing Policy
Articles in this journal are Open Access articles published under the Creative Commons CC BY License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License http://
creativecommons.org/licenses/ by/4.0/ . This license permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work and source is properly cited.5.
5. Copyright Policy
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:-
-Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
-Authors continue to retain publishing rights to the article without restrictions.