Effectiveness of Laughter Therapy on Reduction of Stress among Nursing Students
Keywords:Effect, Laughter therapy, Stress, Nursing students
Context: Stability of hormones are being effected by consistent stress in the human body which leads to
changes in thoughts and situations that make the individual perplexed, restless or anxious. Laughter therapy is
the antidote for stress. It helps to release serotonin in brain which is essential for the uplift of mood.
Aim: The aim of this research is to find out the efficacy of laughter therapy on the decline of stress.
Setting and design: Data collection for the commenced study was conducted at Sri Sukhmani College of
Nursing and Amar Professional College of Nursing, Dyalpura, District Mohali, Punjab. A quantitative approach
with “Quasi-experimental design” was adopted to conduct this research.
Methods and Material: Technique used for selecting the subjects was purposive sampling technique. 60
subjects were selected and sub grouped into experimental and control group (30 each). 5 point likert scale i.e.
Sheldon Cohen?s (1983) Perceived Stress Scale which includes 10 items, was selected to evaluate the level of
stress among nursing students.
Statistical analysis used: Descriptive and inferential statistics were used.
• Before implementation of laughter therapy, it was identified that stress scores were approximately same
in both the groups.
• After implementation of therapy, it was identified that stress scores in the experimental group was lower
than the control group.
Conclusions: Study concluded with the result that stress level is alleviating among student nurses with help
of laughter therapy
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Re use and mixing of content policy- We follow Creative Commons Licence Policy. We follow CC BY. Please refer below for all details
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation.
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions