Study of Sperm Dna Fragmentation Index in Patients from Rural Areas of Wardha Region
Keywords:Sperm DNA fragmentation (SDF), DNA fragmentation index (DFI), oxidative stress, genetic abnormalities, hyperthermia, gonadotoxins and endocrine abnormalities.
Background: Sperm DNA fragmentation test is an advanced test for proper sperm function with respect
to semen analysis, as semen analysis is used for motility and morphology assessment, it cannot explain
sperm at molecular level and thus SDF test has been introduced to evaluate male fertility. The integrity of
genetic material in sperm is crucial for successful fertilization & normal embryo development as this will
lead to proper transmission of genetic information. Patients having varicocele, recurrent failure of ART
tecniques and improper lifestyle (radiation, smoking, alcohol, BMI, ageing, etc) are considered for sperm
DNA fragmentation test. SDF test is useful in selecting patients for the ART procedures i.e. IVF/ICSI/IUI
and highest pregnancy and live birth outcomes.
· To predict male infertility with normal semen parameters & its diagnostic values.
· To investigate the clinical factors related to sperm DNA fragmentation in male with infertility.
· To investigate the rate of sperm DNA fragmentation in male related to improper fertilization, embryo
development and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Methods: The participants (n=40) with male fertility problems will be included in randomised control trial.
All 40 participants will be randomly selected to evaluate their sperm DNA integrity from their respective
semen samples using sperm chromatin dispersion test.
Discussion: Efficiency of the Sperm DNA Fragmentation test is assessed by performing sperm chromatin
dispersion test on respective processed semen sample using Halosperm G2 test kit.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Re use and mixing of content policy- We follow Creative Commons Licence Policy. We follow CC BY. Please refer below for all details
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation.
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions