A Pre Experimental Study to Assessthe Effectiveness of Ragi Balls on Haemoglobin Level among Adolescent Girls
Keywords:Haemoglobinlevel, Adolescent Girls,Ragi (Finger millet).
Introduction: One of the major health issue among adolescentgirls is anIron Deficiency Anaemia, which
can be reduced by one of the intervention Ragi balls.
Objectives: The main objectives of the study are as follows:
1. To assesshaemoglobinlevel in adolescent girls.
2. To determine the effectiveness ofRagiballs onhaemoglobin level among adolescentgirls.
3. To find the association between pre-test haemoglobin level score with their selected demographic
Methodology: Samples werecollected by convenient sampling technique. Blood samples were taken by
using Hemocuemeter Analyzer 30.Intervention of 100gm Ragi balls were provided for 15 days.
Results: t test carried out to determine effectiveness of ragi balls, suggested that there was a significant
change inhaemoglobinlevel before and after the intervention administration (t test value was -18.190 and p
value was 0.0000 at 0.05 level of significance).
Linear regression was doneto find the association between Hblevel (pre-test) and their demographic variables
which showed that there was asignificant associationbetween Hbleveland religion (pre-test),religion P<0.000
at 0.05 level of significance. There was no significant relationship found with other demographic variables.
Conclusion: Ragi balls were effective in improvinghaemoglobinlevel among Adolescent girls.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Re use and mixing of content policy- We follow Creative Commons Licence Policy. We follow CC BY. Please refer below for all details
This license lets others distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon our work, even commercially, as long as they credit us for the original creation.
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions