Effect of Air Pollution on Health of Community People–A Descriptive Approach
Keywords:Air pollution, health, descriptive approach
Background: Air pollution is a global and one of the serious environmental hazards because it causes lot of
damage to living and non-living things in the environment. Air pollution is a problem which emitted various
gases in the air because of burning of wood etc. Air pollution cause not so serious in the past as it is now
because of growing population, rapid industrialization, use of automobiles, modern agricultural activities
1. To assess the knowledge regarding effects of air pollution on health among community people Gujarat.
2. To assess the attitude regarding effects of air pollution on health among community people in central
3. To find out the association between knowledge score regarding effects of air pollution on health with
selected socio demographic variables.
Methodology: A quantitative research approach at survey design was adopted to conduct the study at
central part of Gujarat. Sample comprised of 60 community people. Sample was selected by convenience
sampling technique. The data obtained was analyzed and interpreted in terms of the objectives of the study.
A structured questionnaire was used to assess the knowledge and likert scale was used to assess the attitude
on effects of air pollution on health among community people.
Result: The findings of the study show that 53% female and 47% male samples, highest percentage
91% are belongs to hindu,1% muslim,3% Cristian,4% are others, majority of people were age group of
26-35years(33%),15-25years(20%),36-45 years (20%),above 45 years (26.6%),43% people received up to
secondary level education,91% people are Hindu, 71% people are self-employed, 18.3% people are living
in nuclear family,45% people having less than 5000rs income,70% people living in pakka housing,56.6%
get knowledge regarding effects of air pollution on health from T.V. 2. The score of the study is mean (16.1)
and standard deviation is (3.46).
Conclusion: Overall knowledge and attitude about the effects of air pollution on health was average which
suggested that people having average knowledge regarding effects of air pollution Group.
How to Cite
- The journal allows readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allow readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions